Répondu

5G Coverage on iPhone 12 Pro

I got the new iPhone 12 Pro bought directly from Apple. I just swapped my SIM card but my phone doesn’t seem to be finding any 5G signal after driving around Luxembourg (Belair, Kirchberg, Foetz, Howald). 

what is coverage like? Is there a coverage map?

Do I need to do anything to activate 5G since I didn’t buy the iPhone from Tango?

im on Smart XXL plan which says it should get 5G Max speed. 

icon

Meilleure réponse par cjacony78 27 octobre 2020, 11:20

You need to call them… They have to push a carrier update to your phone. Cheers, CJ.

Afficher l'original

11 commentaires

You need to call them… They have to push a carrier update to your phone. Cheers, CJ.

I have the same issue. I called them but nothing has changed. I don’t know what to do. 

Yes, me neither… 5G doesn't seem to work correctly with the iPhone 12 on their network… I also read about the iPhone having trouble switching from 4G to 5G if the frequencies are the same or close. In the latest beta this has been fixed apparently… So maybe with iOS 14.2 it will work

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Badge +2

Hi ,

I made the necessary for the 5G activation on your lines @cjacony78  and  @Greg .

It should be solved in 48 hours maximum.

Thanks and regards

Thank you @Touska. I have received a sms few days ago saying that it has been solved. However  it still does not work. 

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Badge +2

@Greg comme vu ensemble en ligne, j’ai relancé le rapport technique pour plus d’investigations.

Je reviens vers rapidement pour la résolution

Excellente journée 

@Touska Thanks also - but as for @Greg , it doesn’t work for me either. Even after being on the phone with technical support 3 times … I now upgraded to iOS 14.2, but it still doesn’t solve the problem. 5G isn’t fully ready yet I’m afraid …

I also read that some carriers (Telekom in Germany) distribute new SIM Cards for it to work ...

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Badge +2

@cjacony78 as seen together online this morning, 5G is not available in your area for the moment, only in city center.

We will extend the coverage soon

Have a nice day :)

5G on my phone worked when I got a new SIM issued. But it only works in the city center (around the shopping area). May be tango can share a coverage plan on the website to set some expectations.

@Greg comme vu ensemble en ligne, j’ai relancé le rapport technique pour plus d’investigations.

Je reviens vers rapidement pour la résolution

Excellente journée 

Bonjour! 

J’espère que vous allez bien. Je suis en possession d’un One Plus Nord, compatible 5G. Serait-il également possible de faire le nécessaire pour activer la 5G?

Merci d’avance!

Maxime

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Badge +2

Bonjour  @maxime ,

Je me porte bien merci :)

Pour l’instant la 5G n’est disponible que sur iPhone.

La 5G arrive très prochainement sur les autres appareils.

A très vite !

Commenter