Skip to main content
Répondu

Fiber to ethernet converter and account setup

I am a recent costumer of Tango, specifically the internet fiber service.

I own my own routers (not fritzbox), and would like to know the type of fiber that is provided by tango, so that I can buy the corresponding converter. I would also like to know where to find the configuration guide for activating it once the contract period starts.

3 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Badge +4

Hello @gilcu3 !

Thank you for your request !

The fiber type is Multi fiber

In any case, the converter needs to be installed and configured by Tango in our system, so you can’t really do it yourself.

However, you can pull the fiber itself, but you must leave 1.40m for welding.

Hello
@Aris :

Thank you very much for your answer. I still have doubts though. From what I understand the Tango technician which needs to make a visit in any case normally takes care about the fiber converter. Then, what exactly do I need to have to connect to the network, if I do not want to rent the router from Tango?

I see that Tango offers the Fritz!Box 7530AX, which supports VDSL2, Ethernet and Wifi (correct me if I am wrong). Therefore, do I need a router with VDSL2, or this function will not be used and I can live with a standard Ethernet router?

PS: I already have a standard router, which does not have any DSL.

PS2: If I understand correctly, the technician will provide a Fiber Modem/ONT which can be connected through Ethernet to my router, I just need to confirm this.

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Badge +4

Hello @gilcu3 

Thank you for your reply !

You only need your PPPoE credentials for your router.

You don’t need a VDSL2 compatible router and you can take a standard Ethernet router.

Yes, the technician will provide you a Fiber converter or ONT which will be connected through Ethernet to your router.

Commenter