F.A.Q.

Managing parental control

Niveau d'utilisateur 2
  • Community Manager
  • 0 commentaire

To find out everything about the new Tango TV, you can download the user guide here.

Parental control is an essential tool to ensure the safety and appropriateness of the content watched by the youngest members of your household.

On the Tango TV Box, this feature lets parents easily manage access to different types of programmes depending on their children's age.

Whether you want to activate, deactivate or adjust parental control, this guide provides all the instructions you need to personalise access to programmes, retrieve or change your parental control code, and much more.

Follow these simple steps to ensure a safe, family-friendly TV experience.

How to activate or deactivate parental control

By default, your Tango TV Box is set up for people who are at least 18 years old. Just click on "Fine by me!" to activate the parental control and leave it activated the first time you start your TV Box.

To deactivate it, you have two options: 

1. Completely deactivate parental control for all programmes permanently by clicking on “Deactivate parental control” when you first start your TV Box. You will then be prompted to insert your parental control code.

1. Alternatively, simply access a specific programme by only unblocking the programme you want to watch.

Where can I find my parental control code?

You have received your code by post or e-mail.

I have lost my parental control code. What should I do?

If you have lost your parental control code, you can retrieve it by submitting a request to Tango.

Receive your code by text message by requesting it in a Tango point of sale or by contacting our helpdesk on 800 777 77.

How to change the parental control code

If you simply want to change it and adapt it to a different age group:

Go to Home > Settings > Parental control and PIN code.

How to change the age limit on your Tango TV Box

If you simply want to change the age limit to adapt the content to a different age group:

1. Go to Home > Settings > Parental control and PIN code.

2. Enter the PIN code you received by post or e-mail.
  3. If parental control is activated, the ON/OFF cursor will be displayed in blue.
    If it isn’t active, activate it by pressing the OK button on your remote.
  4. Select “Blocked content” and press OK
  5. Select the age category for which you wish to block content: https://uploads-eu-west-1.insided.com/tango-fr/attachment/1c15cca9-c7b5-421e-bb7c-001dce7d2fd5.png

1. Press OK to confirm your choice.

This topic has been closed for comments