Répondu

Tango Offer L 1Gbits disappointment.

Sir Touska A

I subscribed for a Tango L offer, technician came on 29/04 to install the FrtizB. He ran a WiFi speed in front of me reaching roughly 600Mbits. I thought ok that was quite good for WiFi. Following day I ran speed test myself by WiFi, not a single time I reached 200Mbits. During the first weekend on Saturday 1st, I needed to connect my laptop to work and I was unable to connect to my firm's serveur because of the poor speed I was experiencing. I reached that afternoon 15Mbits (WiFi)...  The lowest was 10Mbits. A Joke! I understand you cannot control WiFi but when I run tests on top of the router and I cannot go higher than 150Mbits makes me wonder what kind of service I am paying.

After complaining about my WiFi speed I got this message from Sir Touska, "In order to accurately measure the speed of your line, I invite you to do a speed test by cable  Go to our online help to follow the advice of our experts: https://community.tango.lu/internet-fixe-6/comment-faire-un-speedtest-229"

Today I have tested my line with an ethernet cable cat7 (1m length, only one laptop connected) to see that I cannot reach 400Mbits. I've done it several time during the day not a single time I overcome that figure. That is not the speed stipulated in my contract. Don't get me wrong I am not expecting to reach 1G but for 60e a month, at least having more than what I got at the moment because we are not even talking about half the speed I should get.

First pic is what my fire stick gets (WiFi 5ghz) which is located 30cm away from the box. 2nd picture my laptop cable connected to the box. Not such a difference! As you can see we are far from what I should get, I am very frustrated and annoyed by this poor service.

Please contact me and let's try to find a solution. RI can provide more tests if you wish. Regards

icon

Meilleure réponse par Touska 6 May 2021, 09:10

Afficher l'original

7 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Good morning @Guille,

I opened a technical report for your line and I will inform you of the resolution.

Thanks and regards 

Afternoon Touska,

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Hi,

We made a reset of the fiber box.

Could you please try to make a new speedtest by cable with no other device connected.

Also, please ensure that the cable is CAT 5E minimum and the network card of your PC configured on 1GB.

Thank you  

Hi,

Thanks.

As mentioned in my previous message, I am using a cat7 cable (1m length) and my laptop network card can handle 1Gb.

Speed has not improved the slightest. Please check pictures of tests ran 10min ago. I believe it will take more than just reseting my box to overcome that issue.

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Good morning ,

Thanks for your feedback 

I will send a technician at your home to check the installation 

Regards

Good morning,

Thank you for coming back quickly. I m just wondering, am I going to be charged if a technician is coming?

Best

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

HI, 

Your installation was done less than a month ago, it is under warranty.

No fees for the technician coming.

Thanks and regards

Commenter