Répondu

Slow download speeds, limited upload

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hello,

Since the beginning I have never had speeds that go over 700 mbps download and 500 mbps for upload.

I know that my router is not the cause as it was tested on a different gigabit network and achieves normal speeds (932 download, 800+ upload).

Is there any special configurations that need to be made on the router to get desired speeds?

Router is https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/Whole-Home-Mesh-WiFi-System/AiMesh-WiFi-Routers-and-Systems/RT-AX82U/techspec/

icon

Meilleure réponse par Yves 2 February 2021, 18:44

Afficher l'original

31 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hello,

Reading through the forum I see that there are multiple users with the exact same issue, and it seems that the problem is not the configuration of my router, but the network itself.

Please assist with a technician or remote solution.

Thank you!

Forum post for reference:

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Hi @snakeulescu ,

I checked you line and everythins seems ok.

The issue you saw is now solved and it was a specific type of line, different than yours.

You will receive the reference of a technical report for more investigations.

Kind regards 

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hi @Touska 

Thanks for the reply.

In regards to my issue, what can be done? As I still have it and see fluctuations between a speedtest done in the evening or a speedtest done in the morning, which is not normal and should not happen on a Gigabit connection.

Also, even in the morning I don’t have the requested speed:

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Hi,

I opened a technical report to check your line.

I will inform you of the resolution.

Thanks 

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hello @Touska,

Any news regarding my enquiry? Again I found that this weekend and mostly when everyone is at home speeds are very slow which is not OK. This means that there is bandwidth capping, or load issues, or QoS in place from your side, which was not stipulated in the contract. I find this to be a major problem as I am working from home and depend on the Gigabit connection. Which btw was never achieved as the best speed was 780 Mbps.

Screenshots from today:

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Dear customer,

I have tried to contact you today without success.

We have analyzed your line up  to your BOX and no speed issue has been detected.

Since you are using a BOX wich is incompatible with our analysis tool (which is your absolute right), it is impossible for me to check the speed after your BOX and even less to check its configuration.

Assuming that you have done the tests with a  Gbits compatible computer and cables, I will still ask you to check that your BOX is correctly configured in Mono-VC, to reset your BOX and to renew the test with only one computer/device connected.

If the results are not satisfactory, I will suggest, if you wish, to send a technician to test your line with a FritzBOX.

Regards

Yves D.

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Here are the test results for the test you suggested. Only PC connected to router, WIFI off.

Send a technician to check and send the confirmation on the email associated to this account.

Please send someone with networking experience this time, as when the installation happened the “technician” had no info regarding a configuration of a router.

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Hi,

I send a request to our planning service.

Thanks and regards 

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hi @Touska ,

Any news on this? I also started today having DNS issue, in the sense that I cannot connect to any Microsoft resources: portal.office.com, endpoint.microsoft.com, portal.azure.com because of this error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

When changing DNS to google public one (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) it works.

Can you ask someone to troubleshoot this? For privacy reasons I cannot work with public DNS.

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Good morning, 

We will check if there is something we can do about this.

I will inform you as soon as possible

Regards 

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hello,

It’s been almost a month since you confirmed that someone will come and check.

Can you please speed things up?

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Good morning,

The technical report opened 10 days ago still ongoing.

I come back to you soon

Best reagards 

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hello @Touska ,

Any update? Another 11 days have passed…

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Good morning, 

I’ll send you a private message.

Best regards

Hello, I got the same issues as him. 2 Weeks ago we upgraded from 500mbit to 1gbit and from day 1 we got 600down 500up instead of the 500/250 from before. They told us it could take 2 weeks for 1gbit to appear. Today i called the Helpline and got asked if 600 isn’t enough and theres nothing they could do?! In fact it is for sure not enough, it should be around 900mbit/s atleast.

We pay for 1 Gbit and it should be way higher, this is close to what we got before in download speed and we are not happy with it!

We got the Fritzbox 7530, cat 6 Network with a Gbit switch and here is a speedtest https://www.speedtest.net/result/11136192417

Greetings,

Damien

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Good morning Damien, 

I made an update on your line, could you please try again ? 

Thanks and regards

Hello :)

Last night i got an idea what could be the real issue..the issue was the cable delivered with the fritz box, the cable is barely 1mm thin and 3mm width. After changing it with a normal cat 5e cable this is my result: https://www.speedtest.net/result/11141378385

Have a nice day! :)
Damien

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hi @Touska 

It has been more than one month and nobody has come… this is getting frustrating. I am paying for a service and receiving half of it. If this is not going to be solved this week I will start the process to close my account.

Thank you.

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Hi @snakeulescu ,

Our planning tried to reach you ceveral time.

Thanks to confirm me your mobile number by private message.

Best regards

Hi @Touska 

It has been more than one month and nobody has come… this is getting frustrating. I am paying for a service and receiving half of it. If this is not going to be solved this week I will start the process to close my account.

Thank you.

have you tried what i did to fix the issue? you might have gotten a faulty cable with your fritz box in the package.

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hi @Touska 

Thank you.

have you tried what i did to fix the issue? you might have gotten a faulty cable with your fritz box in the package.

Cat 6e between router and modem & cat 7 between router and PC. Issue is not from this side, what I think is that there is QoS enabled on the building/street as the speeds differ from morning to evening or from weekday to weekend.

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hi @snakeulescu ,

Our planning tried to reach you ceveral time.

Thanks to confirm me your mobile number by private message.

Best regards

I have sent the private message.

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Update:

A field technician came today and tested the line with a Fritzbox. Same results, between 500 - 750, never constant.

Tested everything and he suggested that the problem is on Post’s side and he raised a ticket with them that should be solved maximum next Tuesday (31.03.2021).

Will come back with an update next week.

Hey, I just saw your thread and I am basically in the same situation as you (I don’t know if you speak french, but here’s the link).

Asked them to directly send over a competent technician. At the moment I am still using the Fritzbox but wanted to change to something different without success.

I also believe Tango is limiting the bandwidth per street or building.

Niveau d'utilisateur 1

Hi @Touska,

Nothing changed since Tuesday when the issue was supposed to be fixed. Can you please check on the status of the Ticket you’ve raised with Post and let me know what is happening? 

Now that everyone is home for Easter things are extremely bad.

Commenter