Répondu

FritzBox wifi speed limit and also speed test results

Hello Tango community! Frequent listener first time poster :-) .

I have two separate questions (they are both related I think), now that I have upgraded to 1Gbit/s speed (I can see that the connection throughput is up to 1Gbit/s when I log on to FritzbBox portal):

1. I have tested connection using WiFi (the 5GHz) at different times of the day and can not see any change in download/upload speed since the upgrade (I am using Ookla Speed test apps across PC, Laptop, Phone and tablets with different servers)
    1. I also tried wired connection withouth any noticable increase in speed
    2. In all cases speed never goes over 480Mbit (480 is max with wired connection and this is something we had frequently even before upgrade where wireless is slightly less but still over 400Mbit/s)
  2. Also, not sure if related but when I check FritZbox (7560) specs it says that max device WiFi speed is limited to 866/866 Mbit/s, does this mean that even if we could get 1Gbit/s the device is not able to support speed higher than this? source - https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-7560/technical-specifications/

Many thanks in advance, and let me know if I can supply any additional info that can help, 

Admir

icon

Meilleure réponse par Touska 9 February 2021, 10:33

Afficher l'original

4 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Hello Admir 🙂 ,

I checked your line and the update is not done yet, the request was made on the 4th.

It will take about 10 days.

About you fritzbox it should be compatible with 1GB speed

Best regards

Hi Touska, many thanks for the info, 

I will give it some time to kick in!

Have a great day

Good morning, just FYI I did some more tests this morning (I am assuming the 10 days have passed, I counted 10 working days from 4th Feb) and results are more or less the same as before.

Any chance of a quick check please?

Thanks

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +6

Good morning Admir,

The upgrade is not done yet.

I will inform you when everthing it’s ok 

Thanks and regards

Commenter