Répondu

Fiber speed below 100 Mbps

Badge

Hi Tango, I was out on vacation for a week and since I returned yesterday, my Fiber speed is at 90-100 Mbps capped. I am a Fiber 1Gbps customer. Can you advise what changes have been made at your end causing this problem?

can you kindly restore speeds to 1Gbps to my account again please?

thanks!

icon

Meilleure réponse par Alin 2 November 2021, 09:46

Afficher l'original

8 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 2
Badge +6

Hello @nvyas ,

our technical team tryed to reach you concerning your speed issue but unfortunattely you weren’t rechable.

Please contact us as soon as possible at 800 777 77.

Best regards

Badge

The same problem is happening again. Can you resolve and investigate why your fritzbox configuration changes every now and then? Pls fix asap

Badge

This problem is happening again! Not sure why it keeps on repeating every few months. Can you advise the root cause and how a permanent fix can be made to this problem?

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Badge +1

Hello @nvyas,

Thanks for replying to the post.

As it shows on the screen, it seems that you’ve done the speed test while being connected to the Wi-Fi Network.
If you’re having troubles with the Wi-Fi connection, find here a Topic that explains how you can make most of your Wi-Fi connection.

If you’d like us to investigate furthermore, I’d kindly ask you to perform a speed test while being connected directly to the fritzbox with an Ethernet cable relied on to a PC.

Thanks and regards,

Badge

While I will do that, I don’t think it’s a WI-FI issue, the speed is capped at 100 Mbps, it’s a repeated issue. Also, are you suggesting that a fritzbox provided by Tango will lose 900 Mbps speed on a 1Gbps connection? I request you to check again from your end to ensure the cap is removed at my account level, your systems are treating my account to be a 100 Mbps account than a Fiber 1000Mbps account

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Badge +1

Hello @nvyas,

Thanks for replying to our Post !

I did some investigations and I do not find any hints of a capped speed from our side.
I’d like to notify our engineering team about the issue that you’re facing, therefore I’d need the speed test that you’re conducting while being connected to the fritzbox with an Ethernet cable.
Please ensure that the cabling you are using is an Ethernet cable of cat6 or higher.

Best regards,

Badge

Thanks, you won’t find the problem today because it doesn’t exist, it keeps happening a lot of times during the month, you need to be faster to investigate (at the very least acknowledge) an issue posted here. There is definitely something wrong in my line or your back end setup because the system hard caps the limit at 100Mbps, next time I’ll check CAT6 ethernet too, but it could definitely be a problem in Fritz Wifi module (see the speeds that I normally get on Wi-Fi, they are definitely not 1000 Mbps but also not as low as 100 Mbps, I know on Wifi you don’t get 100% bandwidth, and my complaint is not regarding that too! But even an 100 Mbps on Wi-Fi is unacceptable. Please let me know if you think this is not a back end problem and a Fritzbox problem and if you can replace it to test for a few months if the problem still occurs.

thanks!

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Badge +1

Hello @nvyas,

Thanks for the reply ! 

Regarding the Wi-Fi network, as explained in the comment above, you may find a complete guide under this Topic.

If you’d like to test or exchange your fritzbox, you are free to do it at the service center in Bertrange, find their opening times here.

As soon as you got the results from the speed test that has been done per cable, I’d gladly send them along with the report to our engineers.

Thanks and regards,

Commenter