F.A.Q.

Invoice Help: Is Your Invoice Higher Than Expected?

Niveau d'utilisateur 3
Badge +1
  • Tango Employé
  • 6 commentaire(s)

In many cases, any extra costs incurred are due to calls from your landline or mobile phone, text messages, Internet use or TV.
Your subscription includes a certain number of call minutes and text messages and a certain volume of data. Over and beyond this number or volume, or in case of a purchase (e.g. a movie rental), the amount concerned will be indicated on your bill.

You will find such extra costs listed under "Communications" for the telephone line in question.

A few examples:

• National texts: text messages sent to Luxembourg billed beyond what is covered by your subscription
  • Bus Ticket: purchase of a bus or train ticket
  • Premium-rate text message: receipt of a text message following a subscription to a Third Party service.

900 calls are calls to premium-rate service numbers.
International calls: these are calls to non-Luxembourg numbers beyond what is covered by your subscription.

Mobile Internet subscription overrun: this is data usage over and above the volume included in your subscription.
Mobile Internet roaming: this refers to data usage outside Luxembourg and beyond what is covered by your subscription.

Understanding how you are billed for premium rate content

• What is a premium rate text message?

Tango partners with companies that provide you with premium rate content, services such as weather, news, jokes, ringtones, images, games, horoscopes, chat, fortune-telling, but also street parking or Luxembourg City documents.

When you are billed for this type of content, it is a premium service provided by a third party (a content editor), to which you have subscribed by text message. This means that you have purchased content: logos, ringtones, competitions, mobile payments, paying for parking, etc., the cost of which appears on your Tango bill.

When you sign up, you will receive a text message informing you of the cost of the service, the nature of the subscription, and a code to confirm the subscription.

Usually the user of the line subscribes to this type of service:

• by sending a text message directly to a special number;
  • by entering their mobile phone number on a web page and then sending a text message to a special number to confirm the subscription;

Some of these services are subscriptions, others are competitions. The price of the service is communicated directly to you by the editor via advertisements, radio/TV announcements, marketing text, or email.

If it is a subscription, you will have received a text message explaining how to unsubscribe (usually by sending "Stop" to a specific short number).

Please note that in case of a subscription running for more than one month, the editor will send you a text message with the cost of the subscription each month.

Billing depends on the type of content or subscription you have taken out. You may be charged only for text messages you have sent to a short number or only for text messages you have received.

When a bill is issued for this type of service on your line, Tango will text you when you reach the threshold of 5, 20, 50 and 100 EUROS for the current month.

These amounts correspond to the billed amount shown on your next Tango bill, but you can also track your consumption outside the fixed rate plan directly via the My Tango app.

• How do I unsubscribe?

You can unsubscribe at any time by following the procedure sent to you by text message directly from the editor.

If you wish to block premium rate content on your line, you can do so completely independently via your personal "My online bill" space.

1. Log in and go directly to the "Line management" tab, then choose the line concerned.
  2. Click on the small wheel in front of the line concerned and choose the option "Management of blocking services".
  3. You can now block/unblock premium rate content such as:
  • Downloading of premium rate content
  • Calls to "900" numbers
  • Premium text message services

How do I block surcharged content on my line?

If you want to block surcharged SMS messages and content on your line for good, you can do so independently via your MyTango application or via your My.tango.lu customer area. 

1. Log in to your Mytango application
2. Once on your home screen, click on the "Procedures" tab

3. You can now block premium rate content by clicking on "Block communications".

Log in and go directly to the "Manage my lines" tab, then choose the line concerned.

!! Please note!!! This will also block the possibility of performing operations such as paying for street parking and Luxembourg City documents.

Several options exist to cater for each of your needs; don't hesitate to contact our advisors.

This topic has been closed for comments